screen resolution of 800x600 or greater is recommended
profile pic   ChuBlogga!
Offended? Intrigued? Contact my manager.

    Here begins your journey into the mind of everybody's favorite asian, and I don't mean Jet Li.
What follows is the somewhat inane, mostly irrelevant, and self-important ramblings of a man on the brink of madness.
Welcome... to the Chu.

Thursday, February 26, 2004
 Shock of my life    [L]

Well, I have just finished a 4 hr long ordeal of toil, frustration, and ultimately, self-discovery.

I blew up my computer.

Kind of, anyway. As AJ and David can attest to, I have somehow discovered my ancient chinese genetic birthright to channel my chi, my inner energies, or "life-force" if you will, into a force of destructive electrical power. Or, I am really prone to static build up.

Well, I merely brushed the front of my computer, when we all hear a zap, and I feel the energy fly from my fingertips. Next thing I know the screen is dark and my computer is silent. I have just killed my computer.

For those of you that know me, you know this is akin to running over the pet dog. Not that I wouldn't mind disabling Glory for awhile, but dang, it was quite the catastrophe. Anyhoo, I spent the next 3-4 hrs determining all I did was kill the power supply. Which is crap, because 1) it's supposed to be a dang good power supply, and 2) i'm pretty sure my case is well grounded. So why the heck did the power supply blow if all I did was touch the front panel? As far as I can tell, it's an aluminum door on top of some plastic connected to the aluminum frame. If you're Canadian or English, feel free to go ahead and say "aluminium."

But, I'm writing to you from my ghetto-rigged computer, so you can assume that everything is ok for the moment. For the moment.....
Dum dum dum dummmmmmm.