screen resolution of 800x600 or greater is recommended
profile pic   ChuBlogga!
Offended? Intrigued? Contact my manager.

    Here begins your journey into the mind of everybody's favorite asian, and I don't mean Jet Li.
What follows is the somewhat inane, mostly irrelevant, and self-important ramblings of a man on the brink of madness.
Welcome... to the Chu.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006
 Happiness is an Automatic Firearm    [L]

Some of you may have wondered why I showed up to church on Saturday with an impervious grin.

Earlier that morning, I went with Chris to an event organized by AR-15.com. We went to Miller's Home (a campground in Lebanon), where a whole bunch of local gun-nuts firearms enthusiasts decided to get together and BLOW CRAP UP exercise our 2nd Amendment rights.

And the people rejoiced (pics below the fold)


UPDATE AR15.com threads here and pics here.

UPDATE 2 Sorry about the temporary lack of pics and comments, had some problems with blogger's unresponsiveness earlier today and saving templates. Everything should be fixed now, let me know if it isn't.

Our contributions:


Me picking out which clays to shoot first


My roommate loading mags and preparing to unleash hell


They don't know what's about to hit them


A small slice of oneshot's collection


There's no such thing as too much gun


The H&K MP5 SD!


The 9mm Uzi!


The H&K MP5!


The M3 grease gun!



Some other pictures submitted by ar15.com members:
The fun table


Bummer of a birthmark


FN P90


H&K G36


M249 SAW



Tommy Gun


I don't know what this is, all I know is I want one


Fun for the whole family!


Yes, i'll admit it. Ian has me pegged as an "Asian Redneck".

Labels:




SWEET!!!
Those be man toys!
No goodies like that in Kalifornia.
Lucky!

By Blogger The Skreeching Skraeling, at 4/19/2006 06:03:00 PM      


That s!#% is tactical...FU@%%!@ TACTICAL!

By Anonymous Jeff, at 4/19/2006 10:35:00 PM      


I wanna play!

By Blogger Cowboy Blob, at 4/21/2006 07:39:00 PM      


Nice

Where the heck was that and why wasn't I invited?

By Blogger Countertop, at 4/21/2006 11:12:00 PM      


OK, that last one looks like an M1919, but the firing grip and trigger are amiss...that grip is obviously from a SAW.

By Blogger Heartless Libertarian, at 4/22/2006 01:44:00 AM      


Makes me want a MP5 SD!

I'm disappointed you don't have an "after" picture of the evil gnome.

By Anonymous Lee, at 4/22/2006 03:16:00 PM      


Day-uhm! Good on ya!

By Blogger individ, at 4/23/2006 08:14:00 AM      


YEA BABY!!!

By Blogger BULLSEYE, at 4/23/2006 10:17:00 PM      


That last one looks familiar. The hinged top on the reciever for belt loading should be the key. I'm thinking it is German, from WWI.

The only Class III shoot in my neck of the woods is subguns only; limitation imposed by the farmer who makes his gravel pit available as a berm. I live in the city; local chiefs won't sign the forms. I could still get to shoot if I bring the ammo, and since I'm about to be employed again, I might be ready to do that for the September event.

By Anonymous triticale, at 4/24/2006 10:15:00 PM      


Happiness can also be a belt-fed weapon. Good pics - thanks!

By Anonymous USCitizen, at 4/24/2006 10:50:00 PM      


The last one is a Browning M1919A4 belt-fed machinegun.

It was the American .30 caliber machinegun used in WWII and other conflicts, until it was replaced by the M240 machinegun.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browning_Model_1919_machine_gun

I have a semi-auto version of it, and damn is it fun!

By Anonymous Pete Stephenson, at 4/27/2006 08:45:00 PM      


^^^ speak up ^^^