screen resolution of 800x600 or greater is recommended
profile pic   ChuBlogga!
Offended? Intrigued? Contact my manager.

    Here begins your journey into the mind of everybody's favorite asian, and I don't mean Jet Li.
What follows is the somewhat inane, mostly irrelevant, and self-important ramblings of a man on the brink of madness.
Welcome... to the Chu.

Monday, February 14, 2005
 Jaded... but not really    [L]

Well, happy VD everybody!

(Valentine's Day, that is - sorry if you have the other sort of VD)

Now, I'm not one to wish to ruin the mirth of all those lucky, lucky, couples out there, but if you think about it, isn't VD a crock?

No, i'm not bitter, why do you ask?

Anyway, I thought I'd express myself through the magic of poetry - Ladies and Gentlemen, I submit for your approval:

Valentine's Crock
What is up with Valentine's?
It's just a holiday of the times.
A day of mandatory affection,
But let me offer a contradiction-

Whyfore should I show attraction
Just because it's the thing to do?
How about I give affection
Whenever I bloody well want to?

But don't get me wrong,
Don't be misled by what I say;
It's just that I think that
We shouldn't set aside a special day.

This is not how to love, as Christ shown on Calvary,
For His love acts on eternity, not just a day in February.
Valentines will come and go, and flowers fade away,
So let the love shine out on every single day.

But then again, who cares, it's fun.
Happy Valentine's, to each and every one.

Yes it's hackery, but a thoroughly enjoyable one.

Happy VD to the lucky ones.

Happy SAD (Singles' Awareness Day) to the rest.