screen resolution of 800x600 or greater is recommended
profile pic   ChuBlogga!
Offended? Intrigued? Contact my manager.

    Here begins your journey into the mind of everybody's favorite asian, and I don't mean Jet Li.
What follows is the somewhat inane, mostly irrelevant, and self-important ramblings of a man on the brink of madness.
Welcome... to the Chu.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006
 $80,000 a second    [L]

That's how much a Superbowl advertisement cost this year - around $2,400,000 per 30 second clip. Which means Burger King's freakish musical number cost them nearly 5 million dollars. Now, I like Brooke Burke as much as the next man, but for 5 mil, could they not have given me a commercial that doesn't spawn nightmares? Really, is an anthropomorphic whopper what people want to eat nowadays? IT'S MADE OF PEOPLE!

But I digress.

Thankfully, there were a few gems in the rough, and if you were somehow stuck in the kitchen being a good host at somebody else's party like me, then you probably missed a few. Well, this is your lucky day, because you can watch them all here.

Which ones did you like the best? Anything where MacGuyver uses a paper clip, ballpoint pen, rubber band, tweezers, nasal spray, and turkey baster (total: $14) to hotwire a semi and escape a warehouse explosion automatically gets my vote. What a great nostalgia trip - but where, pray tell, is my A-Team/Airwolf crossover ad?

UPDATE
I was just reminded about that horrid Harrison Ford/Superbowl advertisement. First of all, does the NFL really need to advertise football during the SuperBowl? Secondly, was it just me, or was Harrison Ford an eyepatch away from being a pirate? The gray goatee and the hip earring was bad enough, but then he started speaking in that strange serious growl. Argh Han Solo be hurtin' for booty, he be.



Apparently most companies paid so much for the spot they forgot to pay good agencies for commercials.

By Blogger Unknown, at 2/08/2006 04:07:00 PM      


Who hasn't dreamnt of a woman on woman "sandwhich"? Am I alone here?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2006 09:55:00 PM      


^^^ speak up ^^^