screen resolution of 800x600 or greater is recommended
profile pic   ChuBlogga!
Offended? Intrigued? Contact my manager.

    Here begins your journey into the mind of everybody's favorite asian, and I don't mean Jet Li.
What follows is the somewhat inane, mostly irrelevant, and self-important ramblings of a man on the brink of madness.
Welcome... to the Chu.

Monday, May 29, 2006
 "But why would anyone need to carry a concealed weapon to church?"    [L]

Five dead after church shooting
NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - A man shot and killed at least four people in a Louisiana church on Sunday morning before kidnapping his three children and estranged wife, who was later found dead, media reports said.


And no, this isn't an argument against lawful concealed carry at church. This scumbag obviously didn't have a CCW license, nor was he a pillar of the community. He merely had a gun when no other person did. In the land of the blind, the one-armedeyed man is king. In the land of the defenseless, the armed man is king. It's really that simple.

So, people must decide for themselves - are they going to be the sheep, or the shepherd? (Please leave aside theological semantics for the time being).

Maybe it's time to review your personal Church Defense Doctrine?

Labels: ,




Hah, good catch. Darn Metaphors.

By Blogger ZaijiaN, at 5/30/2006 02:30:00 PM      


I believe it's the "one-eyed snake is king". I agree about bringing guns to church since organized religion is the root of all conflict. Speaking of conflict, u should have watched ufc 60!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/30/2006 04:27:00 PM      


"Organized religion is the root of all conflict", eh?

If you're going to trot out that old canard, then please also explain the causes for the Korean War, the Viet Nam War, World War II, World War I, the Spanish-American War, the American Civil War, the Napoleonic Wars, the American Revolutionary War, the Wars of the Roses, the Peloponnesian Wars, etc.

I'm sure your reply will be vastly illuminating.

By Blogger ZaijiaN, at 5/30/2006 04:36:00 PM      


Here in Virginia, it's a Class 4 misdemeanor to carry in a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes "without good and sufficient reason", which is left undefined. Since liberals like to reinterpret the second amendment to infringe upon my rights, I have no problem "liberally" interpreting the clause, "good and sufficient reason" to encompass the protection of my life and the lives of my fellow brothers and sisters.

By Blogger oldbits, at 5/30/2006 10:58:00 PM      


...are they going to be the sheep, or the shepherd?

I vote for sheepdog.

By Blogger Roci, at 5/31/2006 03:17:00 PM      


...are they going to be the sheep, or the shepherd?
I vote for sheepdog.


Heh, I agree with the sentiment Roci (I've read the same sheepdog article), but I used the shepherd analogy because it would resonate better with the church theme.

By Blogger ZaijiaN, at 5/31/2006 03:32:00 PM      


^^^ speak up ^^^